HP LaserJet 1010, 1012, and 1015 Printers - Cleaning and Changing the Pick-up Roller
This document is intended to provide the necessary information for changing and cleaning the pick up roller in the HP LaserJet 1010 series printer.
If the printer regularly mispicks (no media feeds through or more than one sheet feeds through),
it may be necessary to change or clean the pickup roller. The following list provides instructions for changing the roller:
CAUTION: Failure to complete this procedure might damage the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the printer, and allow the printer to cool.
Figure 1: Unplugging the printer
- Open the print cartridge door, and remove the print cartridge.
Figure 2: Removing the print cartridge
- Find the pickup roller.
Figure 3: Finding the pickup roller
- Release the small, white tabs on either side of the pickup roller, and rotate the pickup roller
toward the front.
Figure 4: Releasing the tabs
- Gently pull the pickup roller up and out.
Figure 5: Removing the roller
Position the new or cleaned part in the slot of the previous pickup roller.
Click here to see "Cleaning the pickup roller" below for instructions.
Circular and rectangular pegs on each side prevent you from
incorrectly positioning the pickup roller.
Figure 6: Replacing the roller
- Rotate the top of the new pickup roller away from you until both sides snap into place.
Figure 7: Rotating the roller
- Reinstall the print cartridge, and close the print cartridge door.
Figure 8: Reinstalling the print cartridge
- Plug the printer in to turn it back on.
Figure 9: Plugging the printer in
In order to clean the pickup roller rather than replace it, follow the instructions below: