HP ProLiant ML350 G5 Server - POST Error "207-Invalid Memory Configuration"
appears on an HP ProLiant ML350 G5 server.
Populating the memory according to the following guidelines resolves this POST error:
- DIMMs must be configured in identical pairs.
- The system will not boot properly if multiple DIMMs of varying density or type are installed in the system.
- The Entry model servers come with a single 512 MB DIMM. If additional DIMMs are to be added to the existing 512MB DIMM, then another 512 MB DIMM has to be added along with the new pair of DIMMs, or it has to be removed when adding the next pair.
- Valid DIMM pair combinations use slots 1/5 (Bank A), slots 2/6 (Bank B), slots 3/7 (Bank C), and slots 4/8 (Bank D).
- Up to 16 GB of memory are supported on the Dual-Core 5000, and 5100 series
- Up to 32 GB of memory are supported on the Dual-Core 5200 series, Quad-Core 5300, and 5400 series
- FBDIMMs must be installed in pairs unless operating in single-FBDIMM mode. The server supports single-FBDIMM mode only in FBDIMM slot 1A. FBDIMMs must be installed in sequential order, beginning with bank A.