TITLE: HP Compaq Business Desktop System BIOS (786F1 BIOS)
VERSION: 1.24 Rev. A
This package contains utilities that can be used to restore or update the
system BIOS on the supported desktop models with a 786F1 BIOS.
Several methods for changing the BIOS version may be chosen. Included in this
package are the following methods:
- Use the DOS utility with a preboot execution environment (PXE) management
application or to locally update or restore the system BIOS.
- Use HPQFlash to upgrade the BIOS directly in a Microsoft Windows or Microsoft
Windows Vista environment.
- Create a CD image to upgrade/restore system BIOS.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP38811
EFFECTIVE DATE: March 25, 2008
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP Compaq dc7800 Convertible Minitower PC: All Models
HP Compaq dc7800 Small Form Factor PC: All Models
HP Compaq dc7800 Ultra-Slim Desktop PC: All Models
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows Vista Business 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Business 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32 Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Updates Intel Memory Reference Code (MRC) to v2.41 in order to support new
- Updates the following microcodes for the 6F6, 10661, 6F2, and 6FD Intel Step
- Adds thermal support for new Intel 10676 and 10677 Step Processors.
- Fixes issue with Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TxT) where the TxT does
not work when the PC is configured with an additional graphics card.
- Provides a workaround to fix an issue with the Power Segmentation Identifier
(PSID) and TxT, where PCs that are using a non-TxT processor hang (stop
responding) when resuming from Sleep (S3) mode.
- Fixes F9 boot issues where the user could potentially boot to the wrong
device if certain devices are disabled in the BIOS F10 Setup.
1. Download the SoftPaq .EXE file to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Copyright (c) 2008 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
(27 Nov 2015)
- Provides mitigation to the “Memory Sinkhole” issue affecting certain Intel processors based on older Intel micro-architectures.
Version:1.32 Rev. A
** HP strongly recommends promptly transitioning to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases. **
(6 Dec 2011)
- Improves security of the BIOS flashing process under certain circumstances by adding a stronger flash process verification algorithm.
Version:1.28 Rev. A
(6 Mar 2009)
Version:1.27 Rev. A
(19 Nov 2008)
Version:1.26 Rev. A
(22 Aug 2008)
Version:1.24 Rev. A
(25 Mar 2008)
Version:1.04 Rev. A
(27 Aug 2007)