Drivers, Software and Firmware
Important note: For HP Servers Customers with an HP ProLiant Server
Starting February 2014, an active warranty or contract is required to access HP ProLiant Server firmware updates. Security and safety updates do not require an active warranty or services contract. View your existing contracts & warranties or get help linking contracts or warranties to your HP Support Center user profile. To obtain additional support coverage, please contact your local HP office, HP representative, or visit Contact HP. Click here for more information.
Subscribe to driver and support alerts
Sign up now for customized driver, security, patch, and support email alerts. Only receive updates on products you specify or own when you want them.
HP Color LaserJet 2820/2840 PCL6 Plug and Play Scan/Print Driver Solution
By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the HP Software License Agreement
- An installation program to assist with installation.
- Plug and Play installable drivers for 1284.4 communication with the device.
- Plug and Play installable scan driver and TWAIN scan driver.
- Plug and Play installable PCL6 color and PCL6 black and white printer drivers.
- The product CD can be used at a later time to install additional product software, such as Image Zone,
Toolbox, (2820/2840) and FAX driver (2840 only).
- A silent install is provided by running the program from a DOS prompt with the following command line
lj2820_2840pnp-en.exe -s -a -silent
This section will help you in the download of the software to your computer
and start you on the install process.
Before proceeding with the software installation, the printer must first be properly set up, and your computer must be ready to print.
- Close any screen savers, virus protection programs, or other software programs running on your computer.
- Click on Download Now and a File Download box will appear.
- Select Save and a Save As box will appear.
- Select a directory to save the file in and click Save.
- Locate the file using Windows Explorer when the download has completed.
- Double click on the file. This will extract all the driver files into a directory on your hard drive and
launch the installer. The default directory is C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\LaserJet 2820_2840 Drivers.
However, you can change the path and directory name at the time of extracting the file.
- Follow the instructions presented by the installation program.
|Please rate the information on this page to help us improve our content. Thank you!
- Was the information on this page helpful to find what you were looking for?