Drivers, Software and Firmware for HP Scanjet Enterprise 7000n Document Capture Workstation series
Subscribe to driver and support alerts
Sign up now for customized driver, security, patch, and support email alerts. Only receive updates on products you specify or own when you want them.
HP ScanJet Enterprise 7000n/nx Series Firmware and Jetdirect 635n firmware for Multiple Operating Systems - (Must Read README Before Installing)
By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the HP Software License Agreement
These downloads are available for customers according to the terms in the HP Software License Agreement. Certain software may require a valid warranty, current support contract with HP, or a license fee.
|Version:||2201075_229185 (19 Jan 2013)|
|Operating System(s):||OS Independent, Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 64-Bit Edition, Microsoft Windows XP x64, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Server 2008 W32, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64, Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)|
|File name:||sj7000nI_fw_2201075_229185.zip (154 MB)|
|What is included in a firmware upgrade?|
The HP Scanjet firmware upgrade file available from the HP support web site contains firmware for the engine, scanner and embedded JetDirect (if applicable) in one convenient download file. When the firmware upgrade file is sent to the HP Scanjet scanner, the firmware for the engine and scanner is upgraded.
Who needs this firmware?
HP provides firmware upgrades for your scanner periodically through its supported lifecycle. A firmware upgrade may be necessary if it is determined that you may benefit from the resolution of any issues that are documented below. These upgrades are available on the HP support web site.
NOTE: If you are using a third-party application on your HP Scanjet 7000n/7000nx, contact the application vendor before upgrading the firmware to see if your application(s) have been qualified with this firmware release.
The 635n MUST be upgraded to V.41.12 first.
Finding the Current Firmware Version
From the Scanner
NOTE: Touch the Firmware Upgrade button and a Detecting USB Storage Device message will be displayed. Wait until the message is dismissed and then touch the Details button to view additional information about the content of the installed firmware.
- Touch the Service button on the Home screen.
- Locate the Firmware Revision field. The firmware version will look something like this: 56173_8882
From Embedded Web Server (EWS)
From HP Web Jetadmin
- In a supported Web browser on your computer, type the product IP address or host name in the address/URL field. To find the IP address or host name, touch the Network Address button on the Home screen.
- Click on the Information tab.
- Click on the Configuration Page link.
- Locate the Firmware Datecode field. The firmware version will look something like this: 20091112 56173_8882
- Start HP Web Jetadmin.
- Open the Device Management view.
- In the left navigation pane, expand Overview and select All Devices. Locate the device in the list, and then click to select it. If you need to view the firmware version for multiple devices, select all of them by pressing either the Ctrl or Shift key as you click the name of each device.
- Click on the Firmware tab. From the View options select Printer Firmware.
- The firmware version can be found under the Device Firmware column and will look something like this: 56173_8882
|Please rate the information on this page to help us improve our content. Thank you!
- Was the information on this page helpful to find what you were looking for?