Drivers & software for HP Deskjet 648c Printer
DeskJet 640C, 640U, 642C and 648C Printer Driver: Home Users
By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the HP Software License Agreement.
This driver is designed for use on computers that will be directly connected to the printer from the computer through:
- A parallel cable on Windows 95/98/ME.
- A USB or parallel cable on Windows 98/ME.
Note: The DeskJet 640u is USB only.
Uninstall the current printer driver before installing this new version of the printer driver. To remove the printer driver, click "Start", "Programs", "hp deskjet 640c series", "hp deskjet 640c series Uninstall" and then follow the on-screen prompts.
Caution: The printer's cable (USB or Parallel) must be unplugged before proceeding!
- Create a new folder on the hard drive: c:\dj640 before downloading the printer driver.
- Download the driver to the newly created c:\dj640 folder.
- Open the c:\dj640 folder and double-click the downloaded "exe" file. Once the files are loaded and the "hp deskjet 640c" screen displays, proceed to step 9. If this screen does not display, continue with the next step to manually open the screen.
- Double-click on the c:\dj640 folder to open the 3 letter language folder. For example, the English driver will display an "enu" folder.
- Double-click on the "enu" folder to open it.
- Double-click on the "9x" folder to open it.
- Double-click on the "disk1" folder to open it.
- Double-click on the "setup.exe" file to start the installation program. The HP DeskJet installation screen should now appear.
- Click the "Install hp deskjet 640c series printer software" icon button. Once the files are loaded, an "hp deskjet 640c installer" screen opens.
- Follow the instructions on the installer screens.
The installer will copy files - WAIT for it to finish. For a successful install, you will see a congratulations screen. Click "Done" to complete the installation.
Subscribe to driver and support alerts
Sign up now
for customized driver, security, patch, and support email alerts.