Drivers & software for HP Compaq dc5000 Small Form Factor PC
ADI SoundMax AC97 Integrated Digital Audio Driver
By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the HP Software License Agreement.
This SoftPaq contains the audio driver for the desktop models and operating systems listed that have the ADI AC97 Integrated Digital Audio Controller.NOTE:
Customers using SoundMax II (Drivers 188.8.131.5209 or earlier) will lose Sensuara 3D
- Adds support for new products.
- Removes setup configuration steps that were confusing in SoftPaq SP24871.
- Respective Intel, VIa or Nvidia Chipset supported INF must be installed prior to installing this audio driver.
- For Intel chipsets (ICH2, 4 or 5) use SoftPaq SP24297 or later.
- For Nvidia chipsets (MCP1, 2 or CK8) use SoftPaq SP24324 or later.
- DirectX 6 or higher should be installed prior to installation of audio drivers from this Softpaq.
- If you use Compaq System Software Manager (SSM) you must be using version 1.50 or later.
- For more information on Compaq SSM and to obtain the latest version of Compaq SSM please
use the following URL: http://www.compaq.com/im/ssmwp.html
HOW TO USE:
- Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive. The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number
listed on at the top of this document.
- Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the files have been unpacked, you may delete the self-extracting file downloaded in step 1.
- To install: Execute the setup.exe file unpacked in step 2; The default
location is C:\swsetup\SP27103, unless otherwise modified during step 2.
- After the installation is completed, you may delete the directory created in step 2 if you wish.
Subscribe to driver and support alerts
Sign up now
for customized driver, security, patch, and support email alerts.