Drivers & software for HP LaserJet 3300 Multifunction Printer series
HP LaserJet 3300 series software update
By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the HP Software License Agreement.
Late Breaking Information Readme
Late Breaking Information
HP LaserJet 33XX software update
addresses the following issues:
This is a software update for the hp
LaserJet 33XX. This is not a full installation of the printing software. In
order to use this software download, you must already have installed the full
software from your in-box CD. To order a copy of the CD with the latest version
of the software, please visit our CD-ROM order page.
- Includes all enhancements provided in Versions 2.1, 3.0, 3.1, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2
- Installation of the Lotus Notes fix provided in version 4.3 has been improved to
ensure the file is updated.
- The "Pages in ADF" selection in the Send Fax UI can be unselected and remains
unchecked until changed.
- Includes all enhancements provided in Versions 2.1, 3.0, 3.1, 4.0, 4.1,
- Corrects a "Class not found" message appearing with Dutch
- Provides scan to email support for additional versions of Lotus Notus.
- Includes all enhancements provided in Versions 2.1, 3.0, 3.1, 4.0, and
- Provides additional support for using the product when logged in as a User
on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, and Windows XP. Printing functionality
supports the Windows XP user switch feature.
- Improved the reliability of the fax upload program.
- Restarting a scan in the HP LaserJet Scan Control Viewer does not cause
the software to stop responding.
- Removed an unnecessary symbol from the Traditional Chinese test page.
- Includes all enhancements provided in Versions 2.1, 3.0 and 3.1.
- The scanner head will not return to the scanner home position between
pages of a multi-page scan from the ADF provided the firmware datecode is at
- Now allow more than 1000 scans to HP LaserJet Photo Center.
- Corrected the justification of flatbed scans to the top-left corner.
- Added additional media sizes for flatbed scanning.
- Flatbed scans in auto mode now honor the input scan size.
- Exporting an HPD file while it's still open no longer causes an
- Singificantly improved the speed of Black and white scanning.
- Scanning to Image and Text file destination in black and white no longer
results in an invalid HPD file.
- Images are now only scanned once from the flatbed in auto mode for
resolutions under 600 dpi.
- Scan to email now defaults to multi-page capability for tif formats so all
pages will show up in the resulting email.
- Resolved a 83000501 application error, which occurred when scanning in
black and white to the Imaging destination.
- Selecting File and Exit in the scan user interface after scanning some
pages in page by page mode now closes without crashing.
- Scanning in Black & White now results in black & white data in the
destination instead of grayscale.
- Removed the ability of one user to intercept scans of another user in
- The Twain scan preview window no longer disappears in a network
- Updated the message displayed when canceling a Copy Plus operation to be
- Changed the error message displayed when initiating a copy while a scan is
in progress to more appropriately reflect the busy state of the device.
- Corrected a spelling error in the French HP LaserJet Copy user interface.
- Corrected the Portuguese and Spanish text in Standard Sizes of the HP
LaserJet Copy interface.
- Updated the default paper size in the HP LaserJet Copy interface to be
equivalent to the rest of the software.
- A delayed fax is now sent after being previewed.
- Sending a delayed fax from the HP LaserJet Send Fax is faster.
- Removed references to the HP LaserJet 3200 from the Send Fax About box.
- A phone book empty error no longer occurs when loading a full phone book
from the HP LaserJet Configuration Utility or the HP LaserJet Send Fax.
- Long fax jobs can now be recieved to PC correctly.
- When previewing a fax with a document in the ADF, the HP LaserJet Send Fax
does not try to re-scan from the flatbed.
- "Unable to Send Fax" message no longer occurs when faxing
concurrently in a network environment.
- Corrected an issue on the fax cover page template, Sample03, where the
date is truncated to two characters.
- Removed extraneous characters that were displayed when using the hp
LaserJet Cover Page Editor from the HP LaserJet Send Fax in Traditional and
- Updated the "Add Individual Name" hotkey in the HP LaserJet
Configuration to remain consistent after adding a name in Simplified and
- Corrected some contextual issues in the Danish Cover Page Editor.
- Fax numbers entered with commas and dashes display correctly on a Cover
- Removed extraneous characters from the default sample cover page when
using the HP LaserJet Cover Page Editor in Traditional Chinese.
- Improved the handling of concurrent use of multiple functions. For example
scanning and faxing at the same time in both direct and networked connected
- Reduced the occurrences of "scanner disconnected or powered off"
messages after a scan if the scanner is in an error state.
- Resolved an "Unable to Communicate with Device. The device is powered
off or disconnected" message when retrieving a file using the hp
LaserJet Device Configuration Utility.
- Added the capability to delete Application Links created when using
Publish to Web.
- Publish to Web destinations will now display in the HP LaserJet Scan
- Resolved a Scan failure, "Unable to start a scan session. Device is
busy", which occurred when attempting to fax a second time after the
first fax was not sent and resulted in the fax interface locking up.
- Corrected the position of a hotkey when accessing the HP LaserJet Director
in Traditional Chinese.
- Enlarged the buttons within the Application Linking interface to eliminate
Dutch clipped text.
- Corrected a spelling error in the HP LaserJet Document Manager for Czech.
- Corrected an improper use of the word "advanced" in HP LaserJet
Photo Center when using Danish.
- Includes all enhancements provided in Versions 2.1 and 3.0.
- Fixed hang on some systems during application linking.
- The General tab is not available in the Scan Control Viewer when scanning
from the HP LaserJet Director.
- A timing problem that resulted in received faxes being logged, but the
associated documents not being visible has been corrected.
- Resolved some instances of device communication errors that occured with
the Device Configuration Utility when retrieving data from a file.
- Previewing a fax does not re-scan the paper from the scan bed.
- Black and white scans now result in black and white images at the
- Improved black and white image compression.
- Specifying a resolution of 0 dpi in the HP LaserJet Scan Control Viewer
will produce a scan at the default resolution for the specified destination.
- Re-sizing a region to a larger area after scanning in page-by-page mode
- The HP LaserJet Configuration Utility matches the 16-character limitation
of the device and allows only 16 characters to be imported into a speed dial
- The CopyPlus progress dialog updates and ends appropriately while the
print job is spooling.
- The Print 80 column wide option is unselected when grayed out after
changing from A4 to Letter paper size.
- Clicking OCR, Email or Archive from the HP LaserJet Director while a scan
is already in progress is ignored.
- The language setting from the control panel matches the language setting
in the HP LaserJet Device Configuration Utility.
- Dialog boxes were re-sized to avoid truncated text.
- HP LaserJet Director Archive button defaults to the hpd file format
instead of tif.
- The Advanced Settings button no longer displays the resolution when
accessed through the Director's wizard.
- The windows displaying the list of applications available for application
linking in the HP LaserJet Document Manager has been re-sized to show more
of the application name.
- Improved TWAIN scanning with Textbridge.
- Improved user interaction for network scanning.
- Fixed several intermittent device communication errors.
- Scan to Email through Outlook Express now sends successfully if a user has
specified an email address in the HP LaserJet Director Email Options.
- Adding a warning dialogue that the application is busy when trying to
launch a second instance of the scan software instead of closing.
- Increased the default resolution for Scan To Email to 150 dpi.
- Updated ReadIris files for better OCR capability.
- Improved the PDF search results for Asian files to remove erroneous
- The uninstaller now runs faster and more completely.
- Updated several localized sizing and wording windows.
- Corrected the references of Web Paper to Intelligent Scanning Technology
for several languages.
- Added the ability to fax documents from the flatbed using the Send Fax UI.
- Black and white multi-page scans no longer cause the system to hang.
- Resolved a General Protection Fault generated by the Hpphpd.exe file
- Resolved a General Protection Fault generated by the Hppcopy.exe during a
- Improved faxing to a group for the HP LaserJet 3330.
- Added Office XP into the scanning destination list.
- The 'Scan To' feature from the device requires no interaction with the
- Enabled one-trip network scanning.
- The 'do not show me this again' message works for the email button.
- The 'Large amounts of data' message will appear when scanning documents
that result in a file size greater than 84 MBytes.
- The Gamma correction for IPE scans was corrected to 2.2 so scans will be
- Improved the accuracy of the automatic cropping of scanned images.
- Spooler now clears after printing so it doesn't reprint at re-boot.
- Corrected the uninstaller to prevent a possible error condition (and
message) that occurs when uninstalling the software.
- Corrected a problem that could result in Dr Watson messages when scanning
at resolutions other than 300dpi.
- Resolved some occurances of 'Unable to print to LPT1' error messages on
- Other minor fixes.
This section will help you download the software to your computer and start
you on the install process.
- Download into a temporary, default directory on your PC by clicking on the
download button below. Note the directory and path where the file has been
saved. You will need to access this file on your PC.
- Close any applications you may have open is recommended.
- Install this file by clicking Start then Run on your PC.
Select Browse and find the directory where the file had been saved.
Double-click on the file to start the install.
- Please note that this file will install the update immediately.
Subscribe to driver and support alerts
Sign up now
for customized driver, security, patch, and support email alerts.